Wednesday, March 23, 2011

QUOTABLES: Mirko Cro Cop on UFC 128 KO loss to Brendan Schaub - "I feel as if someone stole something from me"

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

CroCop_150pc_3.jpg
"I feel as if someone stole something from me. I am disappointed with the outcome, but I congratulate Schaub and thank my fans for their support. It is clear that in this sport without hunger, desire and ambition there is no success, and it is clear also that I don't have this in me any more. [But] it seemed to me that I was [performing] better [than I have recently]... Ah, what am I talking about? If I was better, I'd have won... I was surprised by the [knockout] blow. It was just the same as against Frank Mir."

-Mirko Cro Cop talks to Croatian newspaper Jutarnji (translated by Fighter's Only) following his loss to Brendan Schaub at UFC 128.

Penick's Analysis: Cro Cop has been in this spot before, and we've heard similar comments from him before in the heat of the moment. Hopefully this time he follows through and realizes that it's probably for the best for him if he hangs up his gloves and calls it a career. He's done some great things in the sport, and he's been someone that fans have always enjoyed watching, but after a number of brutal knockouts those same fans don't want to see him continue taking punishment like that.

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_8832.shtml

Jimmy Ambriz Matt Andersen Alex Andrade Jermaine Andrè

No comments:

Post a Comment