Sunday, May 15, 2011

Evans unplugged: Never going back to Jackson’s and distrusts Jones

Rashad Evans is one of the many fighters in Las Vegas for the UFC Summit. While he listens to lectures and lessons on life, he's still trying to wrap his head around what went down in his rift with former teammate Jon Jones and why he's no longer training with Jackson's MMA in Albuquerque.

Evans said he'll never train with Greg Jackson in Albuquerque again. He'll work out of camps in Florida, Arizona and New York. He's also not sure about Jackson's partner gym, Grudge Training Center in the Denver area.

"Great team out there (Nate Marquardt, Shane Carwin, Brendan Schaub, Duane Ludwig). It's like family out there, but the thing about that is ... they're like team-affiliated with Jackson. I don't want to put them in a position where they feel like they train with me and [they're] having to choose because of the way things are."

Evans said he and Jones crossed paths in Toronto at UFC 129.

"I seen him in Toronto and walked by him and he looked at me and said 'what you looking at' and I said 'what you looking at,'"� Evans said.

The fighters followed that up by calling each clowns and moved on.

Evans feels Jones is two different people.

"Jon will put on his Jon Jones hat when he's in front of the media, but I know Jon Jones," Evans said. "I have more respect for 'Rampage' [Jackson] than I do for Jon. At least Rampage will be like 'this is me, this is what you get.' He's straight up, boom. I don't like that sneaky, sneaky stuff. Jon is like sneaky. Snake ... snake."

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Evans-unplugged-Never-going-back-to-Jackson-s-a?urn=mma-wp2161

Chris Dolman Edson Drago Tomasz Drwal Joe Hybrid Duarte

No comments:

Post a Comment